Skip to main content

Dear Charlotte

Dear Charlotte

You are one!



Let me just tell you that was the fastest year of my life. 

I remember going into the hospital in labor and just praying over and over again for healthy babies. Less than 24 hours after walking into that hospital you were here and so beautiful.

You were born a mere two minutes before your baby brother and the second I heard you cry the tears came.

I remember seeing you and thinking how you looked just like your big brother. My heart was so full. You were the baby I prayed and prayed for. I always had a gut feeling I would be a boy mom and I was more than okay with it but really when I found out I was having a girl I cried. I had this desire to do all the girly things with a little sidekick and I didn't even know it. But you know who did? God and he gave me that blessing.



You came out 3 ounces larger than your brother at birth but that didn't last long. From very early on formula was not something that got you excited. You could take it or leave it and often we would have to fight with you to get you to eat.


You have had red hair since you were born and while the first few days I thought it was blonde looking back it's always been red. You have the sweetest blue eyes that have stuck around and they make you one of the rarest combinations in the world of having red hair and blue eyes.



You are the spitting image of your father. But your personality is all me. This is something I have struggled with because man are we both stubborn. You are my baby that knows how to get what she wants when she wants it and most of it is done with a smile and snuggles.

You could crawl for months however chose to just do it at almost 11 months old. Now you are starting to free stand and will walk when holding onto things. I'm just letting you find your own way with all of it. I have to admit it is hard to not compare you to your brother but I'm working on it.

You still eat all the things but now, you prefer meat. You know what you like and prefer lots of texture in a meal so if we give you lets say eggs and guacamole nope your not happy you want something crunchy too. Plus like your mama you like a little something sweet at the end of a meal for now that has just been some graham crackers because we reserve all sweets for the first birthday. So brace yourself sweet little one you get cake tonight! The transition to milk has been a weird one for you. You will drink it warmed up and in a bottle but no other way, because well your Charlotte. However you will drink water from your sippy cup all day long.



Your favorite thing is picking up any thing clothing related and putting it on your neck like a scarf. It's the funniest thing. Your second favorite thing is when you big brother picks you up and carries you around under your arm pits. You smile and kick your legs like crazy and when he sets you down you point to him for more.

Your sleeping is awful. You are up more times in the night than I care to count and more often than I would like to admit you end up in bed with us. Your smart so I'm certain that is why you wake up so that you can come in and get extra snuggles because you fall right back to sleep once you are nestled between us.



Your personality is infectious. You love to smile and you wave at everyone. You clap your hands and if anyone asks how big you are your hand shoot as high as you can get them above your head. You love to dance and kick your feet and bop your head any change you get. The Hot Dog song is one of your favorites and you point and grunt at the TV when it comes on.

You have a few small words. Mama Dada Baba but your not really associating them with anything but boy do you babble those all day long.

You are so petite. Coming in at around 17 pounds you have the smallest little waist that would still fit in 9 months but since you have some long legs you need 12 months.

You are sassy and you are a force to reckoned with. If you want a toy a one of your brothers has it you will pull on it until they give up. Your still not the biggest fan of your little brother touching you because your drama but you are starting to interact with each other more. You love to be in the jumper still and will jump happily for at least half an hour which gives me time to get laundry done because trying to do that with you is impossible you rip it apart faster than I can fold it.


I love you baby girl. I'm so blessed that I get to have you in my life as my daughter. Your sweet and I just love to snuggle you. There have been ups and downs and you hands down give me a run for my money more than the other two but I wouldn't change a thing. You help me grow as a mom and a person and for that I will be forever grateful.

Charlotte Carol Halli Smith you are such a blessing to our family. My love for you will never change. We love you big and hard because your just that amazing. Getting to be your Mom is one of my greatest blessings.

Love Mama





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee