Skip to main content

On the day you turn 6

Grayson Michael,

I'm going to sound cliche for a moment but where have the 6 years gone?
I remember like it was yesterday waiting for you to come. You were late by two days which fits your personality because you just like to go through life with no real hurry to anything. 



You my boy are special to me because you made me Mamma. A title that I'm forever grateful for and will gladly spend my days earning. 

I'm sure I have said it before but the word I would use to describe you first and foremost is kind. You are just a kind sweet kid and it's only grown the older you get. At your parent teacher conference your teacher said "I don't know how else to put it except he is just so kind to everyone".
You spend your days drawing posters and Star Wars scenes. Hockey drawings are now on the up swing and you take great pride in your work. You like to draw things for people and you watch in anticipation of their reaction.

You go through this world so cautious. You have started swim lessons and still will not put your face in the water or jump in. But each time I see you warming up more and more and so we let you take things are your own pace, always proud that you are trying your best.

You love hockey and keep telling us that when you grow up that is what you want your job to be. You just finished a learn to skate session with the Buffalo Sabres and we have you signed up for another Novice session this summer. T-Ball is starting too and you are looking forward to that. You are becoming more and more independent and are having the best year in kindergarten.



You my dear boy were made to be a big brother. The compassion that you have for your younger siblings is uncharted. When they are hurt or upset they look for you and you will drop whatever you are doing and comfort them and help them work through whatever it is that they need help with. You proudly tell people that we have twins because God just knew you would be a good big brother to them. You sacrifice for them more than you should but when I try and stop you, you pause look at me and say "It's ok mamma I know I don't have to I want to". You sweet boy remind me to be nicer.



You look up to your daddy so much. He is your rock and I'm thankful for that relationship you and him have. You are proud to tell him about school and show him things you have done he is one of your very best friends. You are my snuggle buddy still and I love it. I put you to bed most nights and we read a book and talk about our days. You love to hear about what I did that day and you love to share about your day. You also like to plan and so most night we plan out what we are going to do in the summer or even that weekend.

You still are one of the pickiest eaters known to man and while it drives us crazy we have tried to really back off of it and the stress level has gone down. You have adapted to being colorblind really well in kinder and I think that's because you can read now. So you can read the color on the crayon and know if it's blue or purple. You have a very strong opinion of what clothes you should wear and so we take turns picking out your clothes for school other wise you would live in athletic wear.



You are sensitive to people's feelings and pleasing people makes you happy. This is a great trait but we have been urging you more to think about what would make you happy first and as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else you do that. For example you were not finishing your lunch at school because one kid always wanted to sit by you and then you would talk all lunch and not eat you didn't want to hurt his feelings by saying you couldn't talk with him the whole lunch because you had to eat but you were starving! This took a long conversation of understanding that even though it might be upsetting to the other person you needed to put you first you and the kid are great and you are eating lunch.

I love you deeply Grayson Michael and I look at you in awe that I get to be your mommy. You are six and as of today you are going to build a house right next to our house and put up a bridge so that you never have to leave us. You are my first born and one of the kindest people I have the privilege of knowing. I'm grateful and so so thankful that I get to be your mamma.

I asked you a few questions on the eve of your birthday and here is what you said

Favorite color: Yellow
Favorite show: Wild Kratts
Favorite sport: Hockey
Favorite thing to do: play with my family
Favorite food: Granola bars
Favorite dessert: Ice cream with peanut butter
Looking forward to: Summer and wearing shorts! (he hates pants so he asks everyday when he can wear shorts)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee