Skip to main content

A Day in Our Life

I wanted to document what our life looks like while Grayson is in Pre-K and Marshall and Charlotte are still going to daycare






5:00- My alarm goes off I hit snooze once and roll out of bed around 5:15

5:15-6:00- I get dressed, do my makeup, let the dog out and make my lunch. I also layout the clothes for the kids and get my coffee and their milk for the car ride. 

6:00-6:25- My Dad shows up a little after 6, on Wednesday and Thursday he comes to my house spends the morning with Grayson and gets him on the bus for Pre-K (more on that later) I wake up Marshall and Charlotte, Sissy hates to get woken up and Marshall usually pops right up. I take him downstairs get him dressed and ready to go, I'm talking shoes and coat on. Then I go back up and pry the princess from her bed. If Grayson is awake he gets her out of her crib and she is happy. If he is not awake and I have to do it she usually cries and fights me on getting dressed.I get them both ready and loaded up into the car and if Grayson is awake I come back in to get my bags and give him a kiss goodbye.

6:25-6:50- Drive to daycare and talk to Daddy on the way. I call Michael every morning on my way into work and we talk about the day ahead. He leaves before any of us are even thinking of moving from the bed (he gets up at 2:30 am and leaves by 3:00) So we chat, the babies yell "Hi Daddy!" 1651654 times. I get to daycare check them in and walk them into their room. They moved up to Toddler 1 a few weeks ago and have finally adjusted but those first two weeks were rough thankfully now they just walk in and start playing!

6:55-4:30 I work and work and work some more. My duties include payroll for two companies, all invoicing, all paperwork for the repair shop, GPS monitoring, reports and more depending on the day. On Wednesday's we have office lunch that my boss buys for everyone other than that I take lunch at my desk and catch up on blogs or I run a few errands.

4:35- I scoop the kids up from daycare. Someday's they come running other days I'm dragging one out by their arm while trying to hold the hand of the other while we navigate the parking lot. We get strapped into our seats and head home. We call Daddy to update him on the time we will be home and let him know about our day.

5:10- We arrive home and it's a mad dash to hug Grayson. "His Babies" as he still calls them are so in love him him it's crazy. I unload my bags and help Michael get ready for dinner. Usually something easy because on Tuesday's and Thursday's Grayson has t-ball. Tonight it was bacon and egg breakfast casserole. Grayson requests a picnic dinner and we say OK because the dining room table is covered in art supplies from earlier. 




5:40- Out the door to t-ball. Michael always takes him to practice and then we alternate Thursday night games because taking the babies to a field by the road at witching hour was enough to do us in we tried it twice and twice I spent the game chasing them and trying to keep them off the field so it's just easier if they stay home when he plays at that field

6:00- I throw the gremlins into the tub. I usually let them play in the water for a little bit and then I give them a shower. Right now they are obsessed with bubbles so if I put a little bit of bubbles in the bottom of the tub I have time to fold a load of laundry while they play. I get them washed up and put their diapers on and then we head up their room. I get them in their PJ's and then I put away their laundry and get clothes for the next day. We move to Grayson's room and put his clothes away and get his PJ's ready for when he get home. It's back downstairs to watch music videos mostly Ed Sheran or TSwift because that is what they shout at me and we dance it out. 

7:00 Back home. Grayson jumps in the shower and the babies get their milk. We all settle in to watch a quick show together or read depending on my brain capacity that day. 

7:45 Marshall and Charlotte head to bed. They have a new routine where they walk upstairs themselves and then we put them in their cribs and they go to sleep. Maybe 2 nights a week we have to go in and tell them to lay down bust most nights they chatter for a few mins and then go to sleep. I take this time to jump in the shower and put some laundry away. Michael cleans up from the day and gets himself ready for the next day. 

8:15 Grayson heads to bed. We read a book in bed we talk about the day and who will be home with him the next day and then I tuck him in

8:30 I'm in bed so is Michael we talk for a few mins and then it's lights out for him. I scroll my phone a little bit and I'm usually lights out by 9:30 ish, if not sooner.




So that's our life. Crazy, busy, some day overwhelming, some days super easy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee