Skip to main content

This, that and other things

So busy week, semi-busy weekend.

Friday- Michael's mother is dropping by to visit G.
Saturday - picking up my adorable niece Libby and spending the day with her and Grayson. Baking brownies, car cleaning(weather permitting) and nail painting (baby permitting) are on the itinerary. Then at night we have my uncles art show. He is an amazing artist and we always support
Sunday- NOTHING is planned so far and I'm hoping to keep it this way and just relax and soak up some time with my boys.
Monday- I'm home with G but not Michael he has to work total bummer. Hopefully it is a light day for him and he can get home to us and we can spend sometime together.

My to-do list for this weekend would be as follows and this is a lose idea because sometimes this girl gets lazy and just wants to snuggle her baby and cup of coffee

Laundry
Finish organizing my closet
Organize the laundry room
Dust
Vacuum floors
Mop floors
Clean out car
Wash car
Clean off front porch ( I know this was on a list from a few weeks ago still have not gotten to it)
Meal plan for the week

OK just looking at that list makes me tired, a full pot of coffee twice a day should help power through atleast some of the above.

In other news...
G is still sleeping through the night AND putting himself to sleep at night. This is HA-UGE in our house. I forgot what it was like to have an affair with my bed. It was starting to miss me and there were threats of it kicking me out all together, but have no fear we are back on good terms.

I should clarify that the CD that G listens to has several track and we put the same one on repeat and it is the heartbeat sound so it's really like white noise. Music itself does not calm my baby down. It turns him into a yelling, leg kicking, arm flailing maniac. We love it when he looses his sh*t when a guitar solo comes on. Future rock star in the making???

I have successfully gotten Grayson into all his summer outfits at least once. And good thing too because his chunky things no longer fit into 9 month short once piece outfits. I mean he must be sleep walking rolling and getting into the ice cream at night. mmmmmmmmmm ice cream.

Our anniversary was wonderful. We don't do gifts we just make each other cards which in my opinion is perfect. I love it. Plus we do dinner and that it all I can ask for is having time with my hubby.

Speaking of dinner I got pizza from my favorite Italian place and I mean I was in heaven!!! It is soooo good and I always order the bigger size so that there are left overs!!

Now I'm going to finish up my work day and enjoy the 3 day weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...