Skip to main content

The night I got sleep

My mom is a teacher. That equals summers off. Well not for her she teaches summer school. But she is off of school now so of course she wants some baby G time.

She called me on wednesday after the whole fiasco and told me to pack baby Gray an overnight bag and she would pick him up from daycare and keep him overnight so we could get some sleep. I mean the angels were signing. Wednesday was the worst sleep night ever. I didn't get to sleep until 1 and then was up at 3 and then again at 5 for good so I was running on fumes. 

She grabbed him from daycare on Thursday with my niece Libby who was begging to see Grayson. So when I got out of work that night I picked up dinner went home and cuddles with my husband. We needed some good ol couch time together. We ate dinner and then I did a little organizing of G's clothes and then we went to bed at.......wait for it ...... 7:00!!!! I was asleep by 7:15 and slept straight through until my alarm at 5:15!!!!

I felt like million dollars the next day. My mom called me in my way to work abs told me that she let G cry it out and it only took 5 min.  Soooo I decided to put my nose to the grindstone and legit sleep train. Friday night he slept from 8:00 to 10:30 then we did the cry it out and I pat him on the back and told him its night night time every 10 min he finally fell asleep at 11:30 and slept until 4 then I went in and patted him on the back and gave him his binky and he slept until 7:45!!!! 7:45 I could not believe it! I got so much done in 45 min and he was happy when he woke up!! Praise The Lord sleep training!!! Hopefully we keep it up!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...