Skip to main content

30 week bumpdate











How far along? 30 weeks

Total weight gain: 51 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? Yes and it is what it is.

Sleep: I have suffered from insomnia almost every night this past week. I finally broke down on Friday night and took Benadryl and got a solid 10 hours of sleep. It was heaven. But the next night I was up from 11:00 to 1:30 because I could not get comfortable. Someone said this is all in preparation for not getting sleep once the babies are here so I guess I will be very prepared.   
Best moment this week: The warm weather. We had days in the upper 60’s and we got to spend some time outside.
Miss Anything? Being able to pick up Grayson. My Dr. told me that I can no longer do this and I get it because of the weight but man it breaks my heart to tell him no.
 Movement: They are like shape shifters. My stomach looks deformed most of the time because they are all to one side or going opposite directions.  

Food cravings: Cadbury cream eggs. Pizza logs w/ranch and still cereal all day every day. Chip dip is back and I have yet to get any.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn/acid reflux is still pretty bad no matter what I eat. Plus the nausea is back in the morning.
 Gender: Boy and Girl
Labor Signs: Nope

Symptoms: Exhaustion. I’m so tired no matter what I do. I can take a nap at any time. Even after a good nights sleep I took an hour nap later that day.
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Off
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!

Looking forward to: Grayson turns 3 this weekend. We are having a family party on Friday (since some of our family is leaving the next day for Florida) and then Saturday is actual birthday we are going bowling!! I can’t believe my first born is 3.
Grayson: He was very snuggly with my belly this weekend and we talked about how he can’t wait to feed the babies with a bottle once they are here. Then he said “ they are not here yet mommy because they are still too little so they have to say in your belly longer then I will feed them” He’s so cute I could just eat him up and I know he will be such a great big brother.
So after some big changes this weekend in my body and sleeping situation I’m happy this is my last week of working. My body is just starting to feel all the affects of a twin pregnancy. I have done a ton of research because at 1:30 in the morning when you’re so tired but can’t get comfortable to sleep you want to know you’re not alone and I have read that this is pretty common. My hips are the biggest culprit and I’m sure it has a ton to do with sleeping on them so much and the fact that the babies feel lower in the last week then they have this whole time.  My doctor really just wants me taking it east at this point and to severely limit my driving and so that’s what I’m going to do. I plan to only drive to and from my doctor’s appointments. We do have some things coming up that I have to go to like family/maternity pictures and ya know Easter but after that I’m going to be pretty home bound to keep these babies cooking for as long as possible. Our first goal is 34 weeks to keep me and the babies at the same hospital and to have my doctor deliver them then after that everything is gravy. I’m shooting for between 35-36 weeks. Lots of prayers needed on that one. It’s crazy to think that anytime in the next 4-6 weeks I will be having my babies. I have a small list of things that I want to get done once I’m homebound. Organizing the nursery and packing my hospital bag are at the top of that list. My parents have been great and will be taking Grayson to daycare for me so that he gets to stay in his routine. I’m so very thankful for them and all that they are doing for me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...