Skip to main content

A quick update

So my sweet babies are almost three weeks old (on Thursday) now and seriously why does it go so fast once the babies are here? My last few weeks of pregnancy were like pure torture and felt like they took forever and now that my babies are here it is going at warp speed.



Michael took two weeks of with me so that made last Thursday his first day back at work, leaving me at home with Charlotte and Marshall all by myself. Thankfully we decided to keep Grayson on his schedule of school and my parents are still picking him up and taking him for me so that I don't have to lug out all 3 kids (yet). I just have to get Grayson man dressed and ready to go out the door. The first day that he woke up and Daddy wasn't home was hard on him but thankfully now he is warming up to me again and we have been doing good. I try not to take it too personally seeing as how I was on bed rest for almost 4 weeks and he depended on Michael so much. He has no started going with me alone grocery shopping and let's me take him to bath now. I just love him so much and he is still the sweetest boy there ever was.




The feeding of two babies by yourself is tricky. Both babies take formula and are eating about 4 ounces every 3.5 to 4 hours. They still sleep a ton and so I feed one baby change them and get them back to sleep then do it all a second time. If they are good eaters that day (sometimes they can be slooooow) I can get them both changed and feed in an hour. I have still just been resting when they rest because out of 6 ish feedings a day I do 5 of them myself because of Michael now being back at work so that has been an adjustment.


I had my first weekend alone with all 3 kids. And let me just say it was intersting. We are still in the phase of the babies sleeping a ton and so Grayson and I fell into a pretty good routine of him sitting on my lap while I fed a baby and he played with one of his lego creations. It hasn't been perfect but it's a work in progress. I'm just super thankful that my biggest boy loves to help around the house so when I'm cleaning the 1454465 bottles that we used that day (because no we don't have a dishwasher) he pulls up a chair and helps wash them. Plus he still loves folding laudry.


Overall I feel like we are adjusting as best we can. When I do work on the computer (like pay bills and catch up on e-mails) Grayson comes in and plays by me so that's some one on one time. When Michael goes out to do yard work I stay in with the babies while him and Grayson go out. Some days are harder than others, but we are thankful everyday that we have been blessed with these 3 babies.

The twins as of last Wednesday are back up or exceeding their birth weight. Charlotte was right at it coming in at 6 pounds 12 ounces and Marshall was exceeding it at 6 pounds 12.5 ounces (birth weight 6 pounds 9 ounces). We are so thankfull for that because taking two infants to the doctors every 3 days for weight checks is a ton of work!  They go back for a one month check at the end of this month and Marshall has to go for an ultrasound of his hips this week. He was breech for more than half of my pregnancy so as a precaution our pediatrictian likes to have an ultrasound done before one month to make sure everything is okay.

Other than that we are just surviving and loving on all our babies.

I have a few posts I'm working on including my first Mother's Day to a mom of three kids and our favorite baby items for twins. Plus all about my second c-section and how it has been very different from my first.

Happy Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee