Skip to main content

June Goals

I fell off the goal wagon.

And today I'm hopping back on.

Writing out goals for the month really help me keep moving so here goes nothing







1- PLANT GARDEN BOX- I know it's kind of late to plant however we had a frost so I held off so that I didn't lose all my plants. My plan is to plant it one night this week. It's only 5 plants (3 tomatoes 2 peppers) so it shouldn't take me too long. I already have my herb pots planted and we have been enjoying those!


2- FINISH FRONT PORCH- I put some TLC into our front porch this year. I put a nice bistro table set up there and got a plant stand for our herb pots plus I added a bunch of hanging baskets. It's a nice place to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning or a night cap. Now I just need to clean it up and put a few last pieces out.


3-TAKE FAMILY PICTURES- This is a freebee. I already have these scheduled for the end of June. My whole family (brother and his family, parents, sister, and grandma) will be participating. This is really for my Grandma. She will be 90 in October and I want a big family picture of us all so we can surprise her for her party.

4-SWIM- Our pool is open now we just need weather to stay warm so we can enjoy it. I know Grayson will love being in the pool and I'm ready to be in it with him


5- TAKE FAMILY TRIP /  EAT SOMEWHERE NEW- This is half a freebee. We have a trip planned to Syracuse for Michael's work. Grayson, my dad and I will be tagging along. However Michael lived in Syracuse for 10 years and so we are going to try a new restaurant in the area that none of us have been to. 


6- BAKE SOMETHING FUN WITH GRAYSON- this boy loves to be in the kitchen. I'm going to find a fun cake or cookie to make with him. I just know I will cherish those moments with him forever


7-DATE NIGHT WITH MICHAEL- We have a few days off together and I'm hoping we can squeeze in a date night. Even if it is one that we stay at home and watch a movie.

Another few things 

Celebrate my birthday
Celebrate my sister's birthday
Celebrate father's day

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...