Skip to main content

Awesome weather weekend!

This weekend was great. I loved everything about it!


Friday I grabbed my nugget from school and we headed to the store. I needed dog food and decided to make a treat with Grayson after dinner so Michael could mow the lawn. I decided on this cake from Mix and Match Mama and oh my word everyone needs to make this! It was delicious and is already gone from my house in 3 days. Everyone that tried it loved it. Plus Grayson loved making a "supise for daddy just because I yove him" Melt my heart!




Saturday

Swimming lesson day! My Mom is a rock star and offered to come with me to help and take pictures of us since I would be going in the pool with him.I'm so glad she did because I was the parent that forgot a towel. So before classes started she ran across the street to Rite Aid and grabbed a beach towel for us. 
Grayson was so apprehensive. There were no tears so that's a huge win in my book, and he had been talking about going back to swimming lessons non stop so I'm hoping next week he will make participate more. 



After swim lessons my sister called and asked to come play with Grayson I told her only if she took him to the playground so I could mop my floors! hahaha she said of course and she took him for about an hour. I spend the first 10 min drinking a warm cup of coffee and then I got down to business and vacuumed and mopped all my floors and picked up the 8046541 toys G had gotten out earlier. I grabbed quick shower and got out just as they pulled in.


I fed G lunch (which mother of the year here I let him eat cake and fruit for lunch hey your only 2 once) I gave him a quick dip in the tub to rinse off the chlorine and playground dust (he loves to play in the stones) and then he was down for a nap just as my Dad got there to sit with him while I went to my sisters flower appointment. It went fabulous and then on a whim we ran across the street to the bridal shop and I tried on some bridesmaids dresses. I think we might have found one and if it is the one I'm so happy it was comfortable!

I got home a little after 2 and Grayson was just waking up and shortly after Michael came home. They headed outside while I did dishes and threw in some laundry. Then Dennis and Marie came over for some dinner and quality hang out time. Grayson loves being outside and so he was all over the 4-wheeler and picking the girls flowers.


Sunday 
We got some of his toys outside and bought sand for his sand box. I re-organized the toy room/dining room and cleaned the floors again. Then once Michael got home they headed outside to check out the sandbox and get ready for his cousins to come over.



May 3 is the anniversary of my Grandfathers passing. The night he passed we were all exhausted and starving so we went to a little dive bar to have a drink for Papa and food. We have gone to that bar every single year since then and had a 7&7 for Papa. My mom never goes because she didn't go that first year and now she stays with the kids. 



We got home from dinner and the kids were in that tub and they were so dirty we had to change that water twice. They earned their bath that night!

It was such a wonderful weekend being outside and spending time with people we love.

This week is no less busy. We have hair cuts a pool party (at a hotel) painting classes and Mothers Day!

Happy Monday


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Love that it's Friday Love that its Friday and we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us! Linking up with Andrea today! One These PJ's. When we first got married (and even before I was married really) I used to wear cute PJ's to bed and then I started to wear not so cute PJ's to bed so I ordered some new ones and OMG girls get these now. So so soft so so comfy and under $20.00! Plus they have pockets!   Two While your shopping at Kohls throw some of these picture frames in your cart! Just for fun! I love that they are easy to change out and have a distressed look! Plus they can sit on a shelf or be hung on the wall. Love! Three We have been swimming like crazy and that equals all the things that go with swimming like a million towels and swim suits. My bathroom was a mess. I usually never wash my swim suits I just rinse them out and hang dry they last a lot longer doing it that way and so I had things hanging every where! So I ord

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a

Home Schooling

Ah home schooling something that all of the country was thrown into. March 13 th was the last day that Grayson went to school and Charlotte and Marshalls last day was March 12 th . We got the call on March 15 th that school was closed for 2 weeks and that a pick up for at home materials would be on Tuesday. It was not required just suggested and so we loosely did school work. A worksheet here, spelling words here, some math problems ya know simple things. We truly believed that 2 weeks and they would be back in the classroom that is what the district presented as happening and so the distance learning was just to occupy time not to really learn anything new. Everything we were given was review.  Then we got the notification March 30 th we were closed again for another 2 weeks. Again, we were being loose with the learning because I was now working from home all but one day a week and had all three kids home and lets be honest it was a lot. Michael was still working 4-5 days a wee