Skip to main content

Our weekend

Friday night is take out night so after I grab my nugget love from daycare we went and grabbed food. On a side note  they just started ice cream Friday's at G's daycare and I feel like it's a true parent moment. I get to send in ice cream money!!! It's the simple things that make me happy.  So we grabbed food and headed home to just spend some good old fashioned family time together. We worked outside for a little bit and tried to coral G. He likes to be wherever he shouldn't be, like my flower beds, or climbing the lawn mower. After getting him nice and tired out and giving him a bath I put the monster to bed and we got ice cream. Our new Friday night ritual is to get ice cream and watch Leah Remini's show it's all relative. I love it she is so effing funny. It just cracks me up.


Saturday- Grayson woke up and felt a little warm. I took his temp and it was 100. So after breakfast I gave him some Motrin and then I saw it. The ugly teeth poking through. Poor kid is getting another 4 teeth. He was super cuddly and drooling like it was the only way into heaven. My Mom stopped over for a bit and visited on her way for a pedicure.  He went down for a nap but after an hour he just wanted to be held so I laid in our bed with him and we slept for another hour and a half.  It rained the rest of the night so we were in the house and hanging out as a family. I did some laundry, Michael did dishes and then the boys went upstairs to play guitar, or the clubhouse as they call it. Grayson has always gone upstairs to play guitar with Michael since he was about 2 months old. I went up to spy on them and they are just so cute. Grayson is in his pack and play and just yells and sings the whole time Michael plays it really is the cutest thing.



Sunday- Was another dreary day at our house. Grayson was still running a small temp. But since he was still eating and drinking (almost more than normal) I knew it was just the teeth. When Michael got home I went upstairs to put away G's laundry and pack away some clothes I knew don't fit anymore. I had to rearrange his whole closest and then I counted his shorts and laughed. In the sizes 12-18 months my son has 57 pairs of shorts. Now let me just say that I have maybe bought him 5 of those 57 pairs. I don't know if I have mentioned it before but my cousin (who is like my older sister we have always been close) has an 8 year old son. She never had anymore kids and so she saved all the clothes and when G was a boy gave me 5-50 gallon trash cans of clothes ranging from 12 month to size 6. Then my wonderful sister-in-law has been giving me all of Boo's hand we downs. My kid for real has a ton of clothes. Once I got that all organized and text my mother to not buy him anymore shorts I went through the closet of toys. G got a ton of toys for Christmas and his birthday and so packed a bunch of them away. I pulled out a few puzzles on and he loved them. I think I'm slowly going to start packing away some of the smaller babyish toys and bring out new stuff.

Over all it was a great fun relaxing weekend. This week is a whirlwind. I have a dress fitting for the bride on Thursday, Food shopping for the shower on Friday and a party that night and Saturday is the final shower prep with the shower on Sunday.

Happy Monday!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...