Skip to main content

Why do you have a phone????

I had to make my monthly trip to our wholesale club BJ's yesterday. They had a smoking deal on diapers and coffee which are both like gold in our house so I did what had to be done.

I stopped off at Target first to grab a few things. I called my husband on my way there and we discussed dinner and how Grayson was doing. I told him I would call him once I got done with both stores. I figured it would take me about an hour. Then he would start dinner.

Shopping solo is so nice. I still rushed because I just wanted to get home since we now live in the frozen tundra.

I called Michael an hour later and he did not answer. I figured okay no big deal he is feeding Grayson. I tried 5 minutes later still no answer. Now my blood is boiling. (see yesterday's post about my monthly bill making it's imminent arrival) I then went all high school on his ass and called him every 30 seconds until he answered, over half an hour later.
"Why do you have a phone if your not going to answer it?!!?!?" (in that moment I felt like my mother)
He says sorry my phone was in my pocket I didn't feel it going off. I had to take a couple deep breaths and try to rationalize with myself that it was not worth the fight.

But really why does he have a phone if he does not answer it!!! It's not the first time it's happened and it drives me crazy. I always have to throw in the " What if I was on the side of the road in a car accident and you didn't answer your phone" just to solidify my crazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...