Skip to main content

Candy, Candy canes, Candy corns & Syrup

It's Christmas time and Elf seems to be on some channel every time I turn on the TV so these things stick in my head hence the blog title.

Anyway first things first
We had the big appointment yesterday to see if my baby needed surgery and he does NOT need it. I'm so happy. I was dreading him having to have surgery but if it would help him I would have had to put my big girl panties on. However after they looked at him they said he is perfect and that surgery would be UN-necessary at this time. I was so happy.
Now let's just hope that his breathing and stuffy nose stays away!

Ok so onto the wedding that I attended solo on Saturday. I hated leaving my sick baby but he was home with my husband and we had already RSVP'd that we would be there so I felt that one was better than none. Any who I had a blast with my family. When we hear open bar we drink like it's going out of style. I'm going to bullet point this because otherwise it will be hard to read
  • I didn't go to the wedding but I heard it was long (over an hour). They had nine people in the wedding party which to me is a little much (no offense to those that have that many)
  • The table names were poets which to me was confusing because there was no rhyme or reason so you had to look at almost every table to find yours plus to find your place card it was book mark on a tree and it was just a hot mess. It took us over half an hour to find my sisters. 
  • The guest book was ornaments that you had to sign with a pen. This was weird to me so I just drew a heart and signed our names. 
  • Dinner was not served until almost 8 at night. The bar opened at 6 so by the time dinner started I was 3/4 in the bag and feeling like I was Brittney Spears. I was ready to dance to dance with snake and make out with Madonna.
  • They cut the cake during dinner service so hardly anyone saw it happen. They didn't do the garter toss until half an hour before the end these are huge things people should be watching!!
  • The DJ only played for a little over 2 hours, because the reception ended at 11!!!! So once dinner was done the time was limited.
  • Yes I drank my weight and my husband weight and a couple other people's in Southern Comfort and ginger ale. It was like heaven in a glass and the waiters just stood by our table because we kept having so many empty glasses. 
 And now the pictures that were taken once drinks were consumed, and no I don't have any of the bride and groom (the groom is my step-cousin so I don't rank high on the list of people to talk to at the wedding, it's all good I had fun with my group)


My Uncle, My cousin (who we call red) My little sister and ME!

Me and My Uncle Mark


Me and Red


Heaven in a glass
Bathroom selfie that was taken before dinner was served and I was feeling warm
Yes I had 3 drinks at once and no I'm not ashamed!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Things right now

Four things about all of us right now... Grayson One- This boy has finally found his groove in 1st grade. Kinder to 1st was a big adjustment but he's doing well now. And he is a spelling champ! He does sooooo good on his spelling tests! Two- Hockey is life for this kid. He skates twice a week (once doing a hockey specific clinic and once doing family skate see below) His skills are really growing Three- He loves reading and so we are riding that wave all the way. Four- He has to wear his glasses full time now. What started out as hey wear these when you watch TV that is farther away or when you sit farther from the board has turned into needing them full time. Our school has a local organization that comes in and does eye assessments for free for the elementary schools and they sent home a letter saying get him to the eye doctor he needs glasses (well that was the jist of it) and we since we already had glasses from his eye doctor he just started with tho...

A nice little sweet spot

The sweet spot…. We seem to have hit one. I feel like we have not been in a sweet spot since the twins were about 6 months old. You know before they were mobile and can get into a ton of mischief. When kids are 0-6 months they still like to be held they eat mostly bottles and they mostly just stay in one spot. No issues, you can go places and even though you have to pack up your whole house to be prepared you can relax. And if you are in my family someone is always willing to hold or feed or change a baby. 7-months to 2.5 years old is what I refer to as the lost years. You have so many things you have to do for them they are not potty trained and they are mobile and get into EVERYTHING. Going outside is more work than its worth and with twins they scatter in opposite directions. Three on one is so hard handle in big open spaces. I would often find myself skipping outside time because the work was just too much for me. When the twins turned 3 and Grayson was 6 it felt like we had a ...

Conferences, Grocery Pick up and trying to get out the door

I had grand plans to document our day on Friday. I was going for an every hour sort of thing and then after the 3rd hour lost track I will shoot for next Friday though we will see I'm off on Friday's ( all the happy faces for a 4 day work week and the $$$ saved on daycare ) It was our February break from school so Grayson is home too. I get up at 6:15 on Fridays which is sleeping for me because during the week I'm up at 5 and I head downstairs to do a workout. I'm in a funk right now with that stuff but I still move my body. Today I did a 10 min arm video and 10 min lower body video. I stretch for a few mins and I'm done just in time for Grayson to come wandering down the stairs. I chug some water. Check in with Michael and head upstairs to get Marshall and Charlotte from their beds. They both woke up dry (we are in the throws of potty training and are still in pull ups at night for now) They charge downstairs yelling that they have to pee and demanding...